Agenda for a Meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 4th January 2023 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room, West Buckland Village Hall.
1. To accept apologies for absence.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded of the need to disclose or declare an interest in any of the items to be discussed. Please declare your interest, and leave the room if necessary, when the item is reached.
3. To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 22/11/22 as an accurate record of the meeting.
4. Matters arising from the minutes not covered by the agenda (for information only).
5. Democratic Period.
6. Update on broadband issues
a) County Councillor
b) District Councillor
a) To consider any planning applications received by the Parish Council prior to the meeting:
46/21/0037 Application for Outline Planning with some matters reserved, except for access, for the erection of a commercial development comprising of Class E g(, i), ii) and iii), Class B2 with trade counters, food and drink uses (sui generis), other sui generis uses, access and associated infrastructure, parking, landscaping and drainage on land at Chelston Heath, Wellington – additional information.
46/22/0011 Demolition of bungalow and erection of 1 No. dwelling and garage at Catsbear Farm, Ruggin Road, West Buckland (revised design – reduced scale / change to finish materials)
46/22/0021/LB Replacement of tiles at Ham Farm, Asham Lane, Ham, Wellington.
46/22/0022 Demolition of outbuildings and erection of replacement Public House at Merry Harriers, Forches Corner, Clayhidon.
46/22/0023 Erection of detached garage with alterations to driveway at Meadow Bank, Silver Street, West Buckland.
b) To receive decisions from planning applications determined by SWT Council.
46/22/0014/AGN Application for prior notification for the erection of an agricultural storage building on land off Pollards Lane, Silver Street, West Buckland. Decision: no objection.
46/22/0017/A Display of 5 No. internally illuminated fascia signs, 2 No. non-illuminated fascia signs, 1 No. internally illuminated pylon sign and 1 No. non-illuminated directional sign at Taunton Vale House, Summerfield Way, Chelston Business Park, Wellington. Decision: conditional approval granted.
c) Any other planning matters
a) To note any required work to be reported to SCC.
b) To receive an update on any outstanding highways work
c) Update on speed check.
d) Update on repairs to fingerpost sign on Buckland Hill
e) To discuss an email regarding concerns about school traffic.
f) Response from Forestry Commission regarding damage to the fence at the top of Buckland Hill
g) Any other highways matters
a) To agree and authorise any payments
b) To discuss a grant application for funding towards the cost of providing a weekly warm space at the school.
c) To note any receipts since the last meeting and the bank account balances
d) To agree the budget for 2023-24
e) To agree the precept for 2023-24
11. Update on ordering of EV charging point.
12. Playing Field:
a) Any points to note from the regular inspections
b) Update on repairs following receipt of the annual inspection
c) Replacement of swings
d) Collection and planting of fruit trees
13. Footpaths: any footpath matters
15. Any urgent business at the Chairman’s discretion (Not for Decisions).
16. To agree the date of the next meeting. 31st January 2023