Agenda for a Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday 6th October 2022 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room, West Buckland Village Hall.
1. To accept apologies for absence.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded of the need to disclose or declare an interest in any of the items to be discussed. Please declare your interest, and leave the room if necessary, when the item is reached.
3. To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 30/08/22 as an accurate record of the meeting.
4. Matters arising from the minutes not covered by the agenda (for information only).
5. Democratic Period.
6. Update on broadband issues
a) County Councillor
b) District Councillor
a) To consider any planning applications received by the Parish Council prior to the meeting:
46/22/0012 Variation of Condition No’s 2 (approved plans) and 4 (to extend the time to complete the road widening) of application 46/12/0007 at Blackdown Garden Centre, Wellington Road, West Buckland.
46/22/0014/A Display of 4 No. non-illuminated advertisement/sponsorship signs on Chelston Interchange A38/220, West Buckland
b) To receive decisions from planning applications determined by SWT Council.
46/22/0010 Erection of a single storey extension to the front of The Old Barn, Morrishes Farm, West Buckland. Decision: conditional approval granted.
d) Any other planning matters
a) To note any required work to be reported to SCC.
b) To receive an update on any outstanding highways work
c) Update on speed check.
d) Update on repairs to fingerpost sign on Buckland Hill
e) To discuss an email complaining about poor lighting and signage on the roundabout under the M5 at Junction 26.
f) Fly tipping on Buckland Hill
g) Any other highways matters
a) To agree and authorise any payments
b) To note any receipts since the last meeting and the bank account balances
11. Update on application for funding for an EV charging point.
12. Playing Field:
a) Any points to note from the regular inspections
b) To discuss the cost of replacing the surfacing under the swings and whether this is the best option and best value for money.
c) To report the ordering of fruit trees
13. Footpaths: any footpath matters
14. To discuss response to Local Community Network Consultation
15. Recruitment of councillors to fill the 3 vacancies
17. Any urgent business at the Chairman’s discretion (Not for Decisions).
18. Date of the next meeting: 25th October 2022