A Meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 29th March 2022 at approx. 7.30pm (Following the Annual Parish Meeting) in the Committee Room, West Buckland Village Hall.
Members of the Public and Press are welcome to attend.
1. To accept apologies for absence.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded of the need to
disclose or declare an interest in any of the items to be discussed. Please declare your
interest, and leave the room if necessary, when the item is reached.
3. To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 22/02/22 as an accurate record.
4. Matters arising from the minutes not covered by the agenda (for information only).
5. Democratic Period.
6. Update on broadband issues
a) To consider any planning applications received by the Parish Council prior to the
meeting. 42/22/0014 (neighbouring parish application) Erection of a single storey
extension to form annexe to the side of Steart Barton, Stoford Lane, West Buckland.
b) To receive decisions from planning applications determined by SWT Council.
46/21/0036 Erection of an agricultural building to serve as a seed and fertiliser store with
construction of a water storage tank and associated operational development to include
the creation of a consolidated yard area on land at Hamlands, Chelston. Decision:
conditional approval granted.
46/22/0002/NMA Application for a Non-Material Amendment to application 46/20/0017 /
for alterations to the walls and glazing of the approved orangery at Greenside, West
Buckland Road, West Buckland. Decision: conditional granted.
c) Any other planning matters.
a) To note any required work to be reported to SCC.
b) To receive an update on any outstanding highways work
c) Update on requests to Highways for a speed check and 40 mph speed limit request.
d) Any other highways matters.
9. To note any reports from:
a) County Cllr
b) District Cllr
d) LGR Advisory Board
e) Any other reports
a) To agree and authorise any payments
b) To note any receipts and the bank account balances.
c) To minute the acceptance of the quote from SWT for cutting the grass in the playing
field and play area.
12. Playing Field-
a) Any points to note from the regular inspection
b) Update on the ordering of a tree and planting
c) Report on consultations to support application for funding for new play equipment
d) To discuss replacement of the wall in the playing field
13. Footpaths: to discuss any footpath matters
14. Parish Council Elections 5th May 2022 – promotion and encouraging nominations
16. Any urgent business at the Chairman’s discretion (Not for Decisions).
17. To note the date of the next meeting is 26th April 2022
Jill Larcombe 24th March 2022