Agenda for a Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 25th January 2022 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room, West Buckland Village Hall.
Members of the Public and Press are welcome to attend.
1. To accept apologies for absence.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded of the need to
disclose or declare an interest in any of the items to be discussed. Please declare your
interest, and leave the room if necessary, when the item is reached.
3. Presentation from Tetra Tech Planning on plans for development on land next to the A38
and the M5 spur, Chelston Heath, Wellington. Standing Orders suspended for this item.
4. To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 04/01/22 as an accurate record.
5. Matters arising from the minutes not covered by the agenda (for information only).
6. Democratic Period.
7. Update on broadband issues
a) To consider any planning applications received by the Parish Council prior to the
46/21/0037 Application for Outline Planning with some matters reserved, except for
access, for the erection of a commercial development comprising of Class E g (i), ii) and
iii), Class B2 with trade counters, food and drink uses (sui generis), other sui generis
uses, access and associated infrastructure, parking, landscaping and drainage on land at
Chelston Heath, Wellington. b) To note that 46/21/0034 Application for Outline Planning Permission, with all matters
reserved, for the demolition of barn and erection of 1 No. dwelling in lieu of Class Q prior
approval granted at Huntspath Farm, West Buckland Road, West Buckland has been
withdrawn. c) To receive decisions from planning applications determined by SWT Council. No
decision notices received when the agenda was published.
d) Any other planning matters.
a) To note any required work to be reported to SCC.
b) To receive an update on any outstanding highways work
c) Update on requests to Highways for a speed check and 40 mph speed limit request.
d) Any other highways matters.
10. To note any reports from:
a) County Cllr
b) District Cllr
d) Invitation to the next Somerset Council Action Plan Meeting
e) Any other reports
a) To agree and authorise any payments
b) To note any receipts and the bank account balances.
c) To review the effectiveness of the internal audit
d) To agree the appointment of the Internal Auditor for the financial year 2021-22
e) To note that an application has been made to the Opening Up Safely and
Reconnecting Communities Fund (Stage 3) for benches for the playing field.
12. Playing Field-
a) Any points to note from the regular inspection
b) Results from the tree survey and the ordering of trees
13. Footpaths: to discuss any footpath matters
15. Any urgent business at the Chairman’s discretion (Not for Decisions).
16. Date and arrangements for the next meeting. 22nd February 2022
Jill Larcombe 20th January 2022
Download a copy Agenda 25th January 2022