Agenda for a Meeting of the Parish Council held on Tuesday 22nd November 2022 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room, West Buckland Village Hall
1. To accept apologies for absence.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded of the need to disclose or declare an interest in any of the items to be discussed. Please declare your interest, and leave the room if necessary, when the item is reached.
3. To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 06/10/22 as an accurate record of the meeting.
4. Matters arising from the minutes not covered by the agenda (for information only).
5. Democratic Period.
6. Update on broadband issues
a) County Councillor
b) District Councillor
d) Citizens Advice Taunton AGM on 19th October
e) Blackdown Hill Parish Network AGM on 10th November
f) Somerset Citizens – Wellington to Taunton Cycle Route Conference ‘The
Pathway Ahead’ on 21st October.
g) Somerset Congress of Parishes – SCOP II Conference on 5th November
h) Any other reports.
a) To consider any planning applications received by the Parish Council prior to the meeting:
46/22/0019 Erection of an agricultural building to serve as a grain store and associated operational development including creation of a consolidated yard area on land at Hamlands, Chelston
46/22/0020 Erection of an agricultural building to serve as a grain store and associated operational development including creation of a consolidated yard area on land at Hamlands, Chelston
b) To receive decisions from planning applications determined by SWT Council.
46/22/0014/A Display of 4 No. non-illuminated advertisement/sponsorship signs on Chelston Interchange A38/220, West Buckland. Application withdrawn.
c) Any other planning matters
a) To note any required work to be reported to SCC.
b) To receive an update on any outstanding highways work
c) Update on speed check.
d) Update on repairs to fingerpost sign on Buckland Hill
e) To discuss an email complaining about poor lighting and signage on the roundabout
under the M5 at Junction 26.
f) Fly tipping on Buckland Hill
g) Any other highways matters
a) To agree and authorise any payments
b) To note any receipts since the last meeting and the bank account balances
11. Update on application for funding for an EV charging point.
12. Playing Field:
a) Any points to note from the regular inspections
b) To discuss the cost of replacing the surfacing under the swings and whether this is the best option and best value for money.
c) New owner of field below playing field/right of access
a) Confirmation of SCC Footpath WG14/14 (Part) in the parish of West Buckland Public Path Diversion Order 2022.
b) Any other footpath matters
14. To discuss response to Local Community Network Consultation
15. Recruitment of councillors to fill the 3 vacancies
17. Any urgent business at the Chairman’s discretion (Not for Decisions).
18. Date of the next meeting: 25th October 2022